Firewood services contract
Leduc County is requesting the service of a firewood provider for Jubilee Park on Wizard Lake and Centennial Park on Joseph Lake for the 2018 park season.
Jubilee Park is located in the southern portion of Leduc County on Wizard Lake, 15 minutes south of Calmar off Highway 795. Facilities at the park include 110 camping sites.
Centennial Park is located in the eastern portion of Leduc County on Joseph Lake, four miles east of New Sarepta off Highway 21. Facilities at the park include 72 camping sites.
The firewood services contract will be inclusive from May 15 to Sept. 3, 2018.
- Individual campground proposals will be accepted.
- Firewood will consist of spruce/pine logs - approx 2 cu. ft. per package
- Firewood must be bagged.
- Firewood will be delivered at a maximum of once per week or as required by the campground.
- Approx. 2400 bags used at Jubilee Park in 2017.
- Approx. 630 bags used at Centennial Park in 2017.
- All proposals must include three references and a list of related experiences, which may be of benefit to the contract.
- Bids are to be submitted on a price-per-package format delivered to each park.
- Leduc County may not necessarily select the lowest bid proposal.
- Negotiation sessions may be held to work out contract details and other expectations of the parties applicable to the services / work, based on the proposal(s) submitted.
- The contractor will be expected to provide proof of insurance ($1,000,000 liability) and WCB certification prior to acceptance.
- Proposals will be accepted until January 25, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. (local time).
- The contractor must be able to deliver all wood and place wood into the woodsheds at both Jubilee and Centennial Campgrounds with own equipment and personnel.
Please submit proposals to:
Leduc County Parks and Recreation
Suite 101, 1101 – 5 Street
Nisku, AB T9E 2X3
For more information, contact Roxanne Gingras, community facilities supervisor, Leduc County Parks and Recreation, at 780-955-3555 ext. 9261.