Leduc County

Voter information

Voter eligibility

Leduc County residents are eligible to vote if he/she:

  • is 18 years old
  • is a Canadian citizen
  • has resided in Alberta for the last six consecutive months immediately preceding election day
  • is a resident of Leduc County on election day (Oct. 16)

Voter identification requirements

Proof of identity and current residence is required to vote in municipal elections. As per Leduc County's Voter Identification Bylaw, the following forms of identification must be presented:

  • one piece of valid government-issued identification containing the voter's photograph, current address and name; OR
  • two pieces from the following list:
    • birth certificate
    • marriage certificate
    • baptismal certificate
    • Alberta identification card
    • Alberta Personal Health Card
    • Social Insurance Number card
    • Old Age Security (OAS) card
    • Certificate of Canadian citizenship
    • Student identification card
    • Library card
    • Credit/debit card
    • Canadian military identification card
    • Veteran's Affairs Canada identification card
    • Royal Canadian Mounted Police identification card
    • Hospital/medical card
    • Fishing, trapping or hunting license
    • Firearms license possession - acquisition
    • Firearms - possession only license
    • Any other piece of identification acceptable to the deputy returning officer

In the event that a deputy returning officer is not satisfied that the identification verifies the identity and age of the person seeking to vote, the presiding deputy returning officer of the voting station will make the final decision as to whether or not the person is allowed to vote.

Where to vote

Election day is Monday, Oct. 16 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.

View polling station locations in Leduc County.

Advance polls are open on Thursday, Oct. 5 from noon to 8 p.m. and Saturday, Oct. 7 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the following locations:

  • Rolly View Community Hall (49402 Range Road 234)
  • Thorsby High School (5306 48 Ave.)
  • Nisku Inn and Conference Centre (1101 4 St.)

If you are unsure which polling station you should vote at for the 2017 municipal election, please contact Gale Miller, returning officer, at 780-789-2226 or Leduc County at 780-955-4560.

Note: voters must vote at the voting station for the division in which he or she resides on election day. A student who attends an educational institution within or outside of Alberta, temporarily rents accommodation for the purpose of attending an educational institution and has family members who reside in Alberta and with whom the student ordinarily lives with when not attending an educational institution, is deemed to reside with those family members and would vote where those family members would vote.