For further information, please contact our Human Resources Coordinator at 780-979-2392.
The manager of payroll and revenue services oversees all payroll and benefit functions as well as revenue services for the municipality.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Oversees the payroll and benefits functions of the organization.
- Prepares the earnings and benefits budget for the organization.
- Oversees the accounts receivable and cash receipt functions of the organization.
- Oversees the tax functions within the Finance department.
- Prepares internal and external financial reporting.
- Supervises staff in the function areas of responsibility.
- Provides finance support to all departments in the organization as needed.
- Drafts, recommends and reviews Finance policies, procedures and council reports.
- Provides back up and support to other Finance department managers and the director as required.
- Adheres to guidelines as set out in the Human Resource Policy Manual.
- Participates in the county Health, Safety, and Wellness Program as required.
- Performs related duties as required.
Qualifications, abilities and skills:
The education required for this position is a professional accounting designation (CPA Chartered Professional Accountant) combined with a minimum of five (5) years experience in a municipal setting. Strong management, budgetary and financial reporting skills, and supervisory experience are required. Management experience in the payroll and benefits area is required and the Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation would be considered an asset. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and financial accounting software are required, along with strong interpersonal and communications skills and the demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
We thank everyone for your application; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.