Leduc County

Dust suppression

Dust suppression is a method of stabilizing the light materials on the surface of a gravel road. Once applied, the dust that would normally be generated from passing vehicles is minimized.

Leduc County residents who live beside county gravel roads are eligible for dust suppression services. Following the submission of the dust suppression application form and prepayment of the calculated fee, Leduc County will apply dust suppression strips to the identified road surface. Please note that the scheduling of this work will be subject to the county's regular dust suppression program priorities and will be combined with other requests in the same geographical area as much as possible to maximize cost effectiveness.

Leduc County's Dust Suppression Program is subsidized so ratepayers do not have to pay the full amount of service. Leduc County pays 65 per cent of the cost of Calcium Chloride up to 122 metres, leaving ratepayers to pay the remaining 35 per cent. This subsidy amount of $633.67 which is paid by the county will also be the amount of subsidy offered for any resident who chooses the Incorporated option of dust suppression. Any dust suppression service over 122 metres or non-residential dust suppression will be charged at full cost of the chosen product.

Dust suppression will be undertaken in accordance with Leduc County's Dust Suppression Fees for Service policy.

The 2016 Dust Suppression deadline has passed.

Calcium Chloride (CaCl) dust suppression

As per the 2015 Dust Suppression Fees for Service policy, all residents desiring a calcium chloride dust control product on the county road adjacent to their residence will be required to complete an application form and prepay a fee of $341.21, plus GST, for the first 122 metres (400 feet). Leduc County provides a subsidy of $633.67 for this strip. Dust suppression requested beyond 122 metres (400 feet) will be charged at $7.99 per metre, plus GST. Two applications of product will be applied for every residence applying for this dust suppression product. The second application will be automatically applied approximately six-to-eight weeks after the May 31 deadline.

Incorporated DL10 dust suppression

As per the 2015 Dust Suppression Fees for Service policy, all residents desiring an incorporated DL10 dust control product on the county road adjacent to their residence will be required to complete an application form and to prepay a fee of $2,929.90, plus GST, for the first 122 metres (400 feet). Leduc County provides a subsidy of $633.67 for this strip. Dust suppression requested beyond 122 metres (400 feet) will be charged at $29.21 per metre, plus GST. This product is warranted one year from the date of application.

Contact

Phone: 780-979-6185
Fax: 780-955-7814
Email: PWE@leduc-county.com