Albert and Maria Rimer Memorial Scholarship
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
In memory of his parents (Mr. and Mrs. Albert Rimer), Mr. Bert Rimer has provided Leduc County the sum of $50,000 for a scholarship for a student who attains his or her high school diploma from Warburg High School and continues further education, through an accredited college or university, in the field of Agriculture and/or Agricultural/Food. Secondary consideration will be provided to those students entering the field of Health Sciences (medical field). The scholarship is to be known as the Albert & Maria Rimer Memorial Scholarship.
Amount to be determined by the interest accumulated on the investment during the preceding year. However, the scholarship provided will not be less than $1,000 in any given year.
To be eligible, the student must:
• have graduated from Warburg High School
• have declared a major in the field of Agriculture and/or Agricultural/Food
• secondary consideration will be provided students who have declared a major in the field of Health Sciences (medical field)
• financial need will be considered in the awarding of the scholarship
• must not have previously received this scholarship
A personal letter of application for this scholarship must be sent to the Leduc County office by Friday, September 29; full application procedures and more information on the scholarship are found on our scholarships and awards page.