Canada's Agriculture Day
Canada’s Agriculture Day takes place on Tuesday, Feb. 12. It's a day when everyone can celebrate the business of Canadian agriculture and engage in positive dialogue about agriculture and food.
Canadian agriculture is an innovative, vibrant and forward-thinking industry, which plays a significant role in economy.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 1 in 8 Canadian jobs are in the agriculture sector.
- Canada is the world’s fifth largest agricultural exporter
As Canadians, we can be proud that farmers produce among the safest high-quality food for our country and the world.
AGRICULTURE IN LEDUC COUNTY*
- 1,088 farms
- 1,590 farm operators
- More than 3 billion dollars of farm capital at market value
- First classified by area in crops and the value of livestock and poultry in the capital region
- Second largest county in the region based on farm receipts
- You can find farms and producers of all types, including cereals, grains, canola, beef, dairy, pig, sheep and more
*2016 Census of Agriculture - Statistics Canada