Two public members-at-large required: Public Works Committee
The Public Works Committee is a standing committee of council that is responsible for managing matters of policy and programs relating to:
- transportation and infrastructure services
- solid waste management
- facility asset management
Positions available: two
- Two members from the community-at-large - expiring April 30, 2020
- Meeting frequency: monthly
The membership for the Public Works Committee members-at-large may target, but is not limited to, the following interest groups/areas:
- An active member of the community;
- familiarity with the operation of a board will be considered an asset;
- broad-based perspective on community services and delivery of those services;
- resident or business-sector representative of Leduc County; and
- demonstrated interest and commitment to policy and programming roads, water, sewer and solid waste projects as it pertains to the purpose of the Public Works Committee.
The members will be selected to represent the geographic diversity and lifestyle of Leduc County and a broad cross-section of residents or business-sector representatives. Council shall approve the membership of the two-year term, which will end April 30, 2020. Mileage reimbursement and an honorarium are provided.
Applicants should fit within the guideline criteria; however, all applications received will be reviewed by council. From the applications, council will select two members-at-large for appointment.
If you are a county resident or a business-sector representative and have an interest in serving on this board, please submit a letter outlining your interest to the undersigned by April 30, 2018.
Director of Public Works and Engineering, Leduc County
101-1101 5 Street, Nisku T9E 2X3