Vistas Parks Strategy open house
You’re invited! Leduc County is hosting an open house to discuss the preparation of a long-term parks strategy for the Vistas community growth area. The parks strategy will address the following:
- urban park design and placement, including school reserves
- financial strategy to guide park infrastructure development
- toolbox for developers, residents and Leduc County to work toward a common park vision with appropriate amenities
The Vistas parks strategy will ensure Leduc County plans for and provides appropriate park spaces and amenities to its residents within the Vistas area. The open house will allow residents to provide input and feedback on, but not limited to, the following:
- park and school reserve placement
- park amenities
- Trail connectivity, placement and standards
- natural/treed area protection
- active vs. passive recreation parks
- sportsfield development
Representatives from Leduc County and IBI Group will be on hand to answer questions and gather input.The open house will be drop-in style with no formal presentations planned, but information will be displayed and comment cards will be available. The open house takes place as follows:
Date: Wednesday, June 6
Time: 5 to 7 p.m.
Place: Royal Oaks Park beside the pond (3003 61 Ave NE, Leduc County)
Bring the whole family - Leduc County Parks and Recreation staff will have children’s activities set up, including a bouncy castle, face painting and crafts. Please note the children’s activities will be weather dependant.
For more information, please contact Nicholaus Moffatt, Parks Planning Supervisor with Leduc County, at 780-770-9265.
Please visit our Vistas Parks Strategy webpage for more information.
Sign up for our e-newsletter and be the first to hear news regarding the Vistas Parks Strategy! It’s easy! Enter your name and email address online, here.