Are you a Warburg High School graduate and pursuing a post-secondary major in an agriculture-related or health sciences field? If so, you could be eligible for the Albert and Maria Rimer Memorial Scholarship!
Amount: One scholarship will be awarded each year. The amount of the scholarship is based on the interest accumulated on the investment during the preceding year; this amount may vary from year to year depending on the interest rate but will not be less than $1,000.
- Applicants must have graduated from Warburg High School
- Applicants must be enrolled in a post-secondary program with a declared major in the field of agriculture and/or agricultural/food; secondary consideration will be provided to students who have a declared major in the field of health sciences (medical field).
- Applicants must not have been previously awarded this scholarship.
- Financial need will be considered in the awarding of the scholarship.
Application: A personal letter of application for this scholarship must be submitted to Leduc County, and must include the following details:
- personal details
- transcript showing grade 12 marks
- proof of registration to a post-secondary education program
- any other information the applicant believes to be relevant
The successful applicant will be required to provide his/her social insurance number and birthdate.
Application deadline: Sept. 30, 2019
Mail/drop off the application at the following address:
Albert and Maria Rimer Memorial Scholarship
c/o Leduc County
101, 1101 5 St.
Nisku, AB | T9E 2X3
Background: In memory of his parents (Mr. and Mrs. Albert Rimer), Bert Rimer provided Leduc County the sum of $50,000 for a scholarship for a student who attains his or her high school diploma from Warburg High School and continues to post-secondary education, through an accredited college or university, in the field of agriculture and/or agricultural/food. Secondary consideration will be provided to students entering the field of health sciences (medical field).