Closes Jan. 27, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Full time, temporary position
The Early Years Mentor - Parent Link, assists in the planning, implementation and evaluation of Parent Link programs and services throughout the region in the core areas of early childhood development, family support, parent education and information and referral.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Program Planning and Service Delivery:
- Depending on skill levels and based on the business plan, responsibilities may include:
- Developing, implementing, facilitating and evaluating early childhood development, family support and parent education programs for families/caregivers with children aged 0-6 years old.
- Delivering the Triple P -Positive Parenting Program, or assisting in the delivery of components of the training
- Ensures Parent Link locations remain a safe, clean and informative place for parents and children to play and learn.
- Provides parents and caregivers with information on parenting, child development and community resources and makes parent directed referrals in a timely, supportive and respectful manner.
- Consults with parents on the developmental stages of their children and administers the Ages & Stages/Ages & Stages - SE Questionnaire.
- Participates in the promotion of the program by attending community awareness and special events.
- Provides input into resources needed in the region.
- Community Engagement
- Maintains positive relations with agencies and service providers to build partnerships and awareness of services available.
- Participates and/or facilitates community meetings, committees and/or workshops in order to define the needs, identify gaps and help to guide the programming of services in each community.
- Works collaboratively with communities, programs and agencies in the region to support their relevant projects and events.
- Facilitates community events to communicate and promote this and other programs and services and to develop support and promote volunteerism for the program.
- Evaluation and Reporting
- Maintains client and group files and statistics using a database and other programs as required.
- Administers the provincial Parent Link Participant Survey to families.
- Provides evaluation tools to families as recommended or directed.
- Adheres to FCSS Policies and Guidelines.
- Adheres to the mandate and guidelines of Parent Link Centres as set out by Alberta Human Services (site review guidelines).
- Adheres to guidelines as set out in the Human Resource Policy Manual.
- Participates in the County Health, Safety, and Wellness Program as required.
- Performs related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Post secondary education, with a diploma in social services and/or human services discipline and a solid understanding of early childhood development and the needs of parents, children and families is required. Demonstrated group facilitation and training skills with adults, youth and children is required. Accreditation in Triple P Levels II, III and/or IV is a strong asset, as is at least one year of experience in parenting and associated programs.
Knowledge and experience working with community agencies and services and the services they provide is an asset. Strong verbal and written communication skills and Microsoft Office (word processing and data entry) skills are required.
An ability to work independently and collaboratively on projects and programs is required.
First Aid and CPR certification.
Personal transportation is required for travel throughout Leduc County and evening and weekend work is required in order to meet the needs of the community.