An assessment of community-support services is being reviewed to help guide the path forward for appropriate levels of service in the region.
The Social Needs Review will form a guiding document for Leduc County and related social-support services over the next 10 years.
The review is looking at the general social needs of residents in Leduc County, the Town of Calmar, the Town of Thorsby and the Village of Warburg. The report will provide a detailed analysis of the current state of services provided, and set a vision for social service provision for the future.
In addition to identifying current services offered through FCSS, the Social Needs Review is also looking at all other community assets. These assets include, but are not limited to:
- health services
- economic resources that draw people to communities
- levels of government and the level of emergency services provided
- natural surroundings including parks, pathways, open spaces, environment
- social services provided by governments,
- community organizations, agencies and volunteer groups
In June and July, several community events were held to engage with community members on social needs and services. A community survey has been completed and feedback is being reviewed.
The draft Social Needs Review document will be available in the fall and will be shared with residents for feedback.